I spent a bit of time in the studio this past weekend. I’ve been a bit discouraged lately in my art so I decided to stop working in paper for now and play with my fabric stash instead. Take a look at this drawer full of color that I pulled out.
I randomly selected three strips, sewed them together, ironed the seams and recut them into 2″ strips that is the beginning of a 9-patch quilt block.
On some of the strips I used black Staz-On ink and a few rubber stamps to add some texture. I will take three of these and sew them together to create one block.
Not sure what I will do with these, but I enjoyed just being able to play without having to think about the end result.