I was reading through the Everyday Matters Yahoo group threads today and came across this post on Making a Simple Sketchbook posted by Nina Johansson in Sweden. I pulled out a small scrap piece of the Fabriano Watercolor paper and followed her folding instructions. Viola! Very easy to make this booklet! I spent some time brainstorming ideas on what I could do with this little gem. Hmmm.
Here are some ideas:
- A Watercolor chart (you can see the large one that I made for my studio last week).
- A hand sketched “12 Days of Christmas” book
- A book of samples (fabric, buttons, etc.)
- A paper and fabric quiltie
- A book of ephemera collected from your daily life
- A photograph album
- Letter and number forms
- Random collage
- An autograph album (of your art friends)
- An address book
- To do lists
- An appreciation book
- Postage stamp album or how about collecting postmarks
- Inspirational quotes album
Let’s hear some of your ideas.
Keep it simple!