Day 17 brought lots of new techniques. The first one I tried was to place blobs of acrylic paint on one side of the page and then close the book to smash the paint onto the other page. Take a look at this.
If you look closely you will see the texture that was created – the blob on the bottom looks like a heart with veins going through it. Kinda cool looking. These will add lots of texture to the pages as I continue to add more elements.
I didn’t take photos as I was adding more layers. OOPS! After the periwinkle blobs of paint dried, I added some swirls with a clear wax crayon and then did an outline of my hand using a Sharpie pen. (May I say at this point that you should wear a glove when doing this, very hard to get purple permanent marker out from between your fingers). Next was adding numbers to your pages, I used foam stamps and written numbers, I also collaged a few number pieces from the dry cleaners. Add some meaningful words. These were stream of consciousness and were added with rubber stamp letters using grey Staz-On ink. I then pulled out the Golden Titanium Buff fluid acrylic and placed random circles on the pages. Once that dried, I added some charcoal pencil outlines for depth. (I am beginning to love my charcoal pencil!) The last thing was to sew something on the pages. I chose a fabric color sample that matched pretty close with the colors that I used on these pages. Viola’.
I like this one, but not as much as the Day 16 collage that I made. Perhaps the colors on this are too muted for my tastes…..
Tomorrow I will start on Day 18.
Keep it Simple!!