Journey 3: Lost and Found, Finished

A few days ago I posted the half done spread for the Lost and Found prompt from the Soul Journal Yahoo Group.  Well, last night I completed this spread and really enjoyed the journey.  The left side of the page – what I have lost, the right side – what I have found.

Part of this exercise was to write down affirmations collected from people about my art.  Comments left on the blog or emails sent were the basis of my collection.  I listed those on the back of the Koi fish card located in the coffee sleeve on the left side.  Here is a close up of that card.

The photo is a bit blurred.  The fortune on the Koi fish card says “Use your talents. That’s what they are intended for.”

The affirmations that I wrote are:

I am…loved, vibrant, fun, energenic, wonderful, beautiful, clever, smart, creative.

Onto the next Journey.

This entry was posted in 2008, art, collage, journal, journey, mixed media and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Journey 3: Lost and Found, Finished

1. Mary Hunt says:

great finishing touches marci…

2. myjoyfulljourney says:

Your finished pages look wonderful, very vibrant. I love the colours, the white journalling on the yellow background is just fab!! ~HUGZ~
    Joy >i< (Bluebelle235)

3. Laura says:

this is wonderful marci…thank you for sharing your work with us!
    Laura

4. Christy says:

it’s beautiful Marci. one of the reasons i didn’t follow this prompt too closely is because the loss i would have written about would have been too much. so i wrote it in a tiny book instead. what a wonderful note you have from your dad!

5. Your affirmations describe these pages!! Wonderful!

6. Lay Hoon says:

Wow ! This is such beautiful journal page. Love the receipts and tags.

7. Kathryn says:

What a gorgeous page. So touching. I love my dad and feel so lucky to share time with him each week. He is now in his late 70s. My eyes are welling up thinking about how precious time is with the people we love. There are so many details that I love about this page. The white dots, the koi fish, the interesting layers, the overall color scheme. You share your love and your pain but the colors are so warm – this tells me that you have a lot of love to share and I’m grateful that you are sharing it with us. Thank you! k

8. Linda says:

Very nice page. I love the colors and the white text. Thanks for sharing.

9. Cheryl says:

Yes, you are all of those things! I love how your page turned out. I still haven’t finished mine, but I was away over the weekend, so that’s my excuse! LOL!!

10. teri says:

Such a thoughtful and inspired approach to this journal prompt. I love it! I never thought of separating lost and found on two sides of the canvas — but it makes so much sense. …on the other hand… I’m wondering what you use to write with white on top of your paint? Is it a gel pen? I like the effect of light on bright. Thanks for sharing this.

11. Marci says:

Thank you to those that have left comments on this post. The white pen is a medium point Sharpie Poster Paint Pen, the water based version. There is also an oil based pen, I just prefer the water based ones.