Concertina Journal – Perpetual Inspiration finished

Today I took the last stitch to complete my Concertina Journal.

Here is side one.

concertina-journal-side-1-final

and side two.

concertina-journal-side-2-final

I’ve been working on this for a little over a month now and have enjoyed every minute.  I’ve learned some new techniques and lessons of what not to do on the next one.  The combination of stitching and beading has given this piece a wonderful texture and the layered elements are a feast for the eyes.  The words are attached with snaps and can be changed out, hence the name Perpetual Inspiration.  You can read about all of the individual panels and stages used to create this journal by clicking on the word Concertina in my Simply Tags box on the right hand side of the page.

Thank you for taking this artful journey with me.

This entry was posted in 2009, beads, embroidery, journal and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Concertina Journal – Perpetual Inspiration finished

1. christine says:

Marci — you did an amazing job on this — how lovely!! 🙂

2. oqso says:

This turned out so wonderful – great job!

3. Goog says:

This might be the MOST amazing thing I have ever seen.

4. Dianne says:

Marci-this turned out beautifully! I love the bright colors and the textures created by the embroidery & beading!
    Dianne

5. Linda B says:

I’ve really enjoyed watching the progress of this journal. Colorful, carefree, fun, whimsical, wildly creative — and a heck of a lot of work. Truly a labor of love but you have produced a work of art. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us.

6. Laura K says:

What a treasure!!! You do such beautiful work!!!

7. Jackie Smith says:

Marci, your concertina is simply amazing! I love the bold colors and the stitching and the whole concept of being able to remove and change the words! Wonderful art!
    jackie

8. Barb says:

I have enjoyed every step along with you. Your work is so beautiful and inspiring…I hope you’ll take me along on your next journey, too.
    Peace & Love,