Remains of the Day Journal

Woohoo – I finished up the first journal in Mary Ann Moss’ on line class, Remains of the Day.  You can view the other artist participant journals here.

I created a quick video on Vimeo of my completed journal.

The journal cover was sewn using quilt blocks for the front and wool felt for the inside and then free motion stitched. The journal pages are created with scrapbook paper, vintage music sheets, children’s book pages, transparencies, maps, tags and tidbits from my stash. The pages measure approximately 5.5 inches by 6.5 inches. There are two signatures with 12 pages each, hand sewn into the cover.

I wish you a Happy New Year!  Keep it simple!

This entry was posted in 2009, class, journal, paper and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Remains of the Day Journal

1. Happy New Year Marci! You know I love your art work!Your journal is awesome! Talk to you soon in the 2010! Hugs from afar, Donna

2. elizabeth says:

Marci your journal is wonderful! I love the video it is so nice to be able to peruse it with you and hear your comments. I have enjoyed this class so much. Thank you for sharing your journal with us.

3. jan in ohio says:

Loved flipping through your journal via the video! What a fun and vibrant journey that abounds within its pages.

4. Rachel says:

Very cool, Marci, and great to see a video of you showing and narrating it! All the best. Rachel

5. Robin says:

Words cannot express how GREAT your journal came out! The colors and textures are riotous, but work well because they are contrasted with a sort of tidiness.

Your work is beautiful and an inspiration!

6. Dale Anne says:

Your journal is LOVELY!!! Thanks for the video & showing all the pages.

7. deb says:

Marci,

Love the video…great way to show what you have done. Your journal is fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

8. Sue Williams says:

Dear Marci, Thanks for SOOO much inspiration on your site. Wow, I leave your site with my heady buzzing with new creative ideas. You are a treasure of creativity. I often look at your swap to me. Warm regards, Sue Williams in South Africa