Beginnings, again

Today I played with fabrics, looking for something that says Spring!  Most of these fabric came as six-inch squares that were part of a kit to make a lap sized quilt.  Well, that never got started so they will be reassigned to become my next journal cover.  Yummy colors.

And here is a picture of the base template that I will use to sew this slip cover on to.  The Remains of the Day group is not only about creating everyday, carry-with-you  journals, but pushes you to use what you already have as well as reuse and upcycle.  This cereal box will be the base for this journal.

Hugs from Oregon where I am keeping it simple and green.

This entry was posted in 2010, art, journal, recycled and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Beginnings, again

1. aimee says:

rats, if only i had known you lived in oregon! it is gorgeous there and i’d move in a heartbeat – i know i’ll be back. i love that you used a cereal box for your journal cover!

2. jan in ohio says:

What bright and lively fabrics! And even though it won’t be seen, your cereal box seems to coordinate quite well! lol

3. Lolly says:

Oh those fabrics totally say SPRING! I love love love those colors!

HUGS and thanks for dropping by my place!

Hope you have a nice week!

4. Lisa says:

I love your journal in prior posts and love the colors of this one…definitely says spring.

5. Claire says:

The ROD class has been the best… while my journal is totally recycled.. .it is not this bright and cheery by any means. Can not wait to see the finished version!

6. soren says:

I love the colors of this one! Can’t wait to see it completed. I’m on a quest to use up more things as well, so you are inspirational. (and MA’s class… but now I want to buy deli paper!)

7. Jo Reimer says:

I don’t know why I didn’t know about your blog before, Marci, but I’m glad I found it finally. I do like what you do and hope we meet someday soon.